Pluufuy's Blog one stop beauty blog all about makeup and skinare reviews. Kielh's Rare Earth Deep Pore Cleansing Masque Review

Sunday 3 April 2016

Kielh's Rare Earth Deep Pore Cleansing Masque Review




Hey guys! I'm very lucky to be able to share this blog post with you today! 
I took part in a small contest on Kiehl's Singapore Instagram and managed to take home these 4 lovely masque to try. 
Check out their Instagram, they hold contests from time to time.

p.s this is going to be a pretty wordy review as I try to give you all the minor details and suggestions.

Selling in Kiehl's at $45, 142g


-For normal to oily skin types
-Amazonian White Clay gently draw out oil, dirt and toxins that clog pores
-Eliminate debris and dead surface skin cell accumulation
-Minimize appearance of pores




Kiehl's recommends to use this product 1-2 times a week.
It is also advised to damp your face before using this masque to reduce the tingling sensation.
It is perfectly normal to feel a tingling sensation on your skin.
Wash off with warm water when masque is completely dry.

Its made from Amazonian White Clay and the texture is very smooth and fine.




Cleansed my face and ready to use the masque!
Today I will be using the masque on my entire face. You can choose to just use it around your T-Zone or on your pimple to cool it down.




*Close up prior using masque*
Pores say yahooooo




So here is an example of how NOT to apply your mask.

In this picture you can actually see my skin underneath right? Well when using a clay masque we must make sure that it is a thick layer for it to be effective.
Although the directions on the products tells us to put on a thin layer, it will not be as effective. Of course you can try this out on your own and see the difference for yourself.





So this is how you would want the masque to look like. No skin peeking through, nice and thick.
I usually would put on an even thicker layer around the areas which need them more (T-Zone & around my nose). 
I also avoid the area underneath my eyes in case it gets too dry.


* I did not damp my face prior putting the masque on and well it does have a slight tingling feeling around my face and slightly more around the drier areas of my face. 




Depending on the thickness you place the masque takes the necessary time to dry off. Mine took around 20- 25 minutes as I put on a really thick layer. 
Basically just let it dry completely.



*Close up after using masque*





Here is a comparison photo for better reference. As you can see the pores really did get minimized!
And my face looks smoother as a whole.
*Zoom in for clearer view*






Pros
-Leaves skin feeling fresh and clean
-Does not over dry the skin
-Helps calm down pimples (Just put masque on top of pimple as spot treat)
-Minimize the appearance of pores after immediate use.
-Pores are more refined with consistent use (3-4 times a week)
-Huge tube of product tat goes a long way

Cons
-For my skin type I can't seem to find a con for this. 
-It may be costly, but seeing the amount of product you receive it is actually quite worth it.






Having use this product for about 1 month now, I have to say it is currently my favourite and most reliable cleansing masque.
Whenever I have to go out the next day and know I need a clean and nice base to work with, I use this the night prior for a quick fix. 
I know that it will help refine my pores and minimize the redness of any pimple I might have.

TIPAnother great way to use this, say if you have time before your event that day, you can use the masque right before applying make up. It will give you a really smooth clean base to work with and your makeup will go on flawless.




Normal Skin: -Recommended-
*I have nothing much to say other then you will love this.

Combination Skin: -Recommended-
*Great to use around more problematic areas like the T-Zone where there are more enlarged pores.

Oily Skin: -Recommend-
*Totally your cup of tea! You can use it regularly all over the face to control the oil production and minimized the appearance of enlarged pores due to over excretion of sebum. 

Dry Skin: -Recommended-
*Just remember not too use it too frequently and if you dislike the tingling sensation, just skip out on the dry patches. Remember to damp your face before hand too!

Very Dry Skin: -Not Recommended-
*I find that this product may be too strong and drying on very dry skin type. Maybe you would like to try a clay mask which is less strong instead.




Would I Repurchase
Most likely I would.
This is one reliable masque I know I can count on. But I am also always on the search for something better, so I don't want to be a hoger and have too many mask and only 1 face haha.


Rate
5/5



"If you are looking to get a clay mask and don't mind the slight stretch price wise, this is one you have to try! "



Read about Kiehl's other Masques

Tumeric and Cranberry Seed Energizing Radiance Masque


Ultra Facial Overnight Hydrating Masque

No comments:

Post a Comment